Labels

Monday, November 30, 2015

Gym Etiquette - Leave Some Space

There are a couple of unwritten rules when at the gym. One of those rules is to leave some space between you and the people next to you. This means that if there are plenty of empty machines available, do not use a machine right next to someone else unless you know that person. Leave some space!

This happened to me at the gym today not once but twice.

I was having a bad afternoon what with iTunes deciding to delete all of my music and failing to create a backup before. I created a backup but it keeps failing to restore it. After quickly adding five songs to a new workout playlist, I went to the gym to let out some of my frustration.

I like going to the gym during the afternoon when I can because there are less people around. There were plenty of treadmills available so I choose one away from everyone else. I'm about two minutes into my workout when another woman gets on the machine right next to me. I'm a little annoyed but I decide to just move one machine over.

About 15 minutes later, I'm finally getting into my groove while listening to some CL and 2NE1 (great workout music by the way), when suddenly another woman gets on the machine right next to me (between me and the first woman). The first thing I noticed about her was her perfume. I understand using a little body spray but this was too much. Now, by this time the room had cleared out significantly and there is no reason for this woman to get on the machine right next to me.

I was so annoyed! But I had to finish my workout by this point because I was already too far into it.

When you go to the gym please do not use too much perfume and do not get on the machine right next to someone else when there are enough machines available. It is just rude and can be annoying to other members.

No comments:

Post a Comment