Labels

Friday, July 17, 2015

Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Polish Review

recently picked up some drugstore nail polish in order to break myself of my terrible nail biting habit. So far it has been working! I have already noticed a growth in my fingernails. The brand of nail polish that I decided to pick up was Wet n Wild's Megalast. I picked up four different colors.

Please excuse my ugly nails in these photos. Like I said, I am trying to get over a bad nail biting habit.

Undercover (206C)



Sugar Coat (205B)





On a Trip (213C)




I Need a Refresh-Mint (218A)




I chose these shades because they match my style and colors that I often wear however Wet n Wild did have a nice selection of colors including some dark reds and a nude shade. I might try out the nude polish once my nails grow out and actually look pretty.

I am pretty impressed with these nail polishes for a drugstore brand. All three nail polishes tend to last for about a week before they start to chip off.

The colors are very pretty too!

Undercover is a nice middle pink shade. I can easily pair this shade with a variety of pinks and other colors. Aside from the nude shade, Undercover is one of my favorite colors that I picked up.

I found that I had to apply at least two coats in order to get an even color. Just one coat was a little bit streaky on some of the nails.

Sugar Coat is a nude shade. I tried to build it up to see if I could get more of a solid color from this shade but even after four coats, it remained a nude shade. It was a little bit darker and less transparent after four coats but the difference between one and four coats of nail polish was not hugely significant.

I have to say though that I love Sugar Coat as a nude shade. It had just the right amount of transparency to color for my tastes. This ended up being my favorite shade out of the bunch. 

I'm not sure if I love or hate On a Trip to be honest. For me, I feel like the shade of purple is a bit hard to match with most of my wardrobe.

The purple is a bit more of blue-purple than a true purple or red-purple. I think the shade would work great with black or colors that just "pop". I also think this color could actually work well against a rosey red.

I Need a Refresh-Mint is a very nice minty shade of nail polish and is pretty much exactly what I expected. The shade is a blue-green that reminds me of the ocean making it a really great summer color in my opinion. Much like On a TripI Need a Refresh-Mint can be paired nicely with bold colors to create a "pop" look. But, I can also see this color paired with some light and subtle pinks for a Venus Rising from the Ocean Foam kind of look.

According to Nouveau Cheap's review of the I Need a Refresh-Mint shade, this color is very close to China Glaze's For Audrey nail polish. So if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to For Audrey, then Wet n Wild's color will work nicely.

The only downside to Wet n Wild nail polishes is the brush. I found that I had to apply a second coat of polish in order to smooth out the color so to speak. The brush can leave a streaky look otherwise. Make sure that the first coat of polish is dry first before applying the second coat or else you could end up with messy nails.

The brush is also a bit short and a bit big which can make it difficult to carefully apply the polish to the nail.

Overall, if you are in need of something more on the cheap side compared to other brand nail polishes, Wet n Wild is a really good drugstore brand of nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment